- The Amateur & Pro Competitions are only open to US Citizens or green card holders; you will have to provide a valid proof of ID in order to compete on stage
- Novice competitions are open to non US citizens as well as US citizens
- All finalists will be required to sign a contract before competing with the USPDF
- Both video submission fee and Competitor fees are non refundable
- Providing inaccurate or false information on your application forms may cause you to be disqualified
- Competitors awarded their pro status will have their picture along with their bio posted to the USPDF website
- All competitors must attend the mandatory meeting typically scheduled on Friday, the weekend of the competition
- No nudity or G-strings for video submission or stage performances
- USPDF judges decisions are final
- Music submitted for the performance must not have overtly vulgar language.
- Grip aids are permitted, but cannot be applied directly on the poles
- Competitors must remain on the stage during performance and are not permitted to jump off stage and/or interact with audience
- Jumping from one pole to another pole is not permitted
- The use of props must be approved by the USPDF board
- USPDF holds all rights to any video/photo footage at any event held by the USPDF Competitors agree to release all rights related to video and photo footage taken during the event. These materials will be used byÂ the USPDF for but not limited to promotional and advertising purposes.
- Video submissions and stage performance must be a solo performance thus; no other individuals can appear in your video with you and/or on the stage with you.
US Pole Dance® Federation Video Competition Terms
Pole Classic, LLC d/b/a US Pole Dance® Federation (USPDF) is pleased to bring high quality competition to the pole community. Here at uspoledance.com
(our Website) you may enter the qualifying rounds (the Online Qualifiers) for our various USPDF Pro, Amateur, and Novice pole dancing competitions by submitting videos for judging to qualify for a chance to compete at the respective finals which will be held in-person at specified venues.
In order to enter the Online Qualifiers, contestants are required to submit videos, in accordance with the relevant specific contest requirements
, along with a video fee (the Fee). The Fee is paid in connection with the Online Qualifiers and does not guarantee acceptance into the in-person final rounds. Submitted videos are judged in accordance with the standards set forth on the relevant specific contest requirements
with a certain number of winners,
as specified in the rules, winning the chance to enter the subsequent final rounds.
: WINNERS OF THE ONLINE QUALIFIERS ARE AWARDED WITH THE RIGHT TO ENTER TO COMPETE IN THE SUBSEQUENT IN-PERSON FINAL ROUNDS. WINNING COMPETITORS WHO CHOOSE TO COMPETE IN THE SUBSEQUENT IN-PERSON FINAL ROUNDS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR OWN TRAVEL EXPENSES TO THE RELEVANT VENUE LOCATIONS, AS WELL AS FOR THE SEPARATE COMPETITOR FEE WHICH IS REQUIRED FOR ENTRY TO THE SUBSEQUENT FINAL ROUNDS.
In addition to the relevant contest rules, our official contest rules are as follows:
OFFICIAL COMPETITION RULES
VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW OR WHERE REGISTRATION OR BONDING REQUIRED.
These Official Rules (the Rules) govern your participation in each of the relevant Online Qualifiers (each Competition). Participation in the Competition constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Rules as well as the Websites terms of service
, and specific contest requirements
(together the Terms), so, it is important that you read and understand them. To the extent there is a conflict between these Rules and the Terms, these Rules will govern.
- Summary of Material Terms. As provided in greater detail in these Rules (and without limiting the express language of these Rules), you acknowledge the following:
a. You grant us a perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive license to copy, use, display, publicly perform, reproduce, create derivative works and otherwise exploit any videos or other content (the Entry) you submit to the Website for the purposes of the Competition.
b. You may only submit your Entry to us in compliance with these Rules and the Terms.
c. You may not use any third party content in your Entry unless you have the express permission of that third party or the content is in the public domain.
- Sponsors. The Competition is sponsored and run by Pole Classic, LLC (570 West 204th st Apt 3f new york ny 10034) (together, the Sponsors).
- Entry Period. Each Competition entry period is set forth on the Website video submission page.
- Eligibility. The Competition is offered only to natural persons at least 18 years of age and at least the age of majority in the person jurisdiction of residence as of the date of entry and that such person jurisdiction of residence is in the United States (void where prohibited by any specific state or local regulation, rule, and/or ordinance).Â Employees, independent contractors, officers, and directors of Sponsors, their respective shareholders, agents, representatives, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion and fulfillment agencies, and legal advisers (Sponsors Parties), and the immediate family members and persons living in the same household of such persons, are not eligible to participate in the Competition.
- How to Enter. To enter an Online Qualifier, submit your contestant details, video Fee and video in accordance with the specific contest requirements. Entries must be submittedÂ through the video submission page.
- Qualification. To be eligible for a prize (described in Section 10), an entrant must comply with all provisions of these Rules and the Terms. Sponsors reserve the right to ask you for evidence of such compliance. Sponsors reserve the right to evaluate each Entry eligibility under the Rules and any and all other applicable laws. Entries may be disqualified from the Competition for violation of the Rules or Terms at Sponsors discretion.
- Format of Entries; License Grant. By entering this Competition, you agree: (a) that Sponsors have the right to use your Entry and your name and likeness in any and all media in and in connection with promotion, publicity, marketing and advertising for and by Sponsors, and in connection with this Competition or other promotions by Sponsors as Sponsors see fit without any further notification or compensation to or of you; (b) that Sponsors have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Entries in any manner and you will not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason of Sponsorsâ€™Â use or non-use of an Entry; and (c) to be bound by these Rules and the Terms. By entering this Competition, you agree to sign and deliver to Sponsors such documents as Sponsors may reasonably require to effectuate the rights and obligations granted in these Rules and that submission of such documents may be made a prerequisite to your collecting any prize from a winning an Online Qualifier.
- What Others May Do With Your Entries. All eligible Entries will be made available to the Online Qualifier judges for voting in accordance with the specific contest requirements.
- Third Party Sites. To the extent that specific contest requirements ask that you upload your Entry to YouTube (Third Party Site) as part of submission to the Competition, you acknowledge and agree that you will abide by such Third Party Site terms and that you hereby release and will hold USPDF and the Sponsors harmless from any claims and/or damages arising from your use of a Third Party Site. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, USPDF AND THE SPONSORS HEREBY DISCLAIM ANY AND ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACTIONS OF ANY THIRD PARTY SITE THAT A COMPETITOR UTILIZES IN CONNECTION WITH A COMPETITION WHETHER OR NOT THE COMPETITION REQUIRES A COMPETITOR TO UTILIZE ANY SPECIFIC THIRD PARTY SITE AS PART OF ENTRY TO THE COMPETITION.
- Prizes. A certain number of winners of a Competition, as set forth on the specific contest requirements, shall win the right to enter to compete at a subsequent in-person final to the relevant Competition. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT, WINNING COMPETITORS SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY AND ALL TRAVEL RELATED EXPENSES, AS WELL AS SEPARATE ENTRY FEES, SHOULD THEY CHOOSE TO COMPETE AT A SUBSEQUENT IN-PERSON FINAL.
- Judging. The USPDF takes judging very seriously. The USPDF judges understand their fiduciary duty to the competitors. All judges are trained prior to the competition as well as compensated for their time. All competitors, other than Novice-level competitors, will be judged by 3 USPDF judges, using the points-based judging process detailed in the specific contest requirements. Novice-level competitors will be judged by 2 USPDF officials using the same points-based judging process as outlined above.
- Final Decision. All grading decisions are final. Judges may disqualify any Entry that is, in judgesâ€™Â discretion, inappropriate, offensive or demeaning to Sponsorsâ€™ reputation or goodwill, or contrary to Sponsorsâ€™Â mission or these Rules. Once the grading of the Entries is complete, USPDF will notify the winners via email using the information submitted by the entrants as part of their video submission. If a winner fails to respond within 5 business days of the date of the notification, that winner will be disqualified and the next highest scoring contestant will be selected as an alternate winner for the applicable prize and notified according to this procedure.
- Indemnification. By submitting an Entry, you agree to indemnify, defend, and hold USPDF and the Sponsors harmless from: (a) any and all claims, demands, causes of action and judgments (including attorneyâ€™s fees, court costs and expertâ€™s fees) arising out of or relating to any breach by you of the terms and conditions of these Rules, including any representations and warranties; (b) telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet, or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind; (c) any condition caused by events beyond Sponsorsâ€™Â control that may cause the Competition to be disrupted or corrupted; (d) any printing or typographical errors in any materials associated with the Competition; and (e) any other losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with or resulting from participation in the Competition or acceptance of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
- General Terms and Conditions. Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend or cancel Competition at any time if a computer virus, bug, or other technical problem corrupts the administration, security, or proper conduct of the Competition. In the event of Competition cancellation, Competition entrants will be fully refunded their Fees via the payment method utilized to pay the Fees. Sponsors may revise these Rules at any time in their sole discretion by posting an updated version. Â Any Rules will be effective upon posting, and your continued participation in the Competition after a change to these Rules constitutes your binding acceptance to these Rules. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Rules, or the rights and obligations of participant and Sponsors in connection with the Competition, will be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules or provisions (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York. The exclusive jurisdiction and venue of any action arising out of or related to this Agreement will be either the state or federal courts in New York, New York, and you agree and submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction and venue of these courts. The Sponsors are express third party beneficiaries of Sections 13 and 14 of these Rules.
- Winners List/ Rules. A copy of these Rules and a winners list may be obtained by sending an email request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests for winners list must be received no later than sixty (60) days from the winner announcement date as set forth in the specific contest requirements.
Version Date: February 16, 2016